Kapila Kithsiri Pahalawatta recently joined Lincoln Agritech as a Research and Development Engineer. He has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Colombo, Masters in Forestry Science and a PhD in computer science from the University of Canterbury.
He specialises in:
- Deep learning
- Data science
- Algorithm engineering
- Machine vision.
At Lincoln Agritech, Kapila is primarily focused on the Grape Yield Analyser research programme and is involved in designing a new tool for the New Zealand winegrowing industry.
Academic and Professional history:
- 2019 – Research and Development Engineer, Lincoln Agritech
- 2015 -2018 Image Processing Data Scientist, Croplogic Ltd
- 2015 – PhD in Computer Science, University of Canterbury
- 2008 – MSc in Computer Science with Distinction, University of Canterbury
- 2002 – 2012 Lecturer in Information Technology and Decision Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- 1998 – MSc in Forestry Science with Distinction, University of Canterbury
- 1993 – 1994 Research Assistant – International Union for the Conservation of Nature and UK Overseas Development Administration
- 1990 – 1992 Tutor in Mathematics, University of Colombo
- 1990 – BSc in Physical Science, University of Colombo