Careers With Lincoln Agritech
Vacancies do not continually arise at Lincoln Agritech, however, occasionally there are openings for support staff or scientific researchers with specific expertise. The roles and job descriptions are often advertised online and on our website. Applications involve forwarding a covering letter, curriculum vitae and a completed application form (that can be downloaded here). You are welcome to send additional supporting material with your application.
We welcome your enquiries and are happy to discuss opportunities for potential positions that may become available. All personal details will be kept strictly confidential.
People are the heart of our organisation. To produce top quality science we need to attract the best, where creativity and skill match the passion for science and innovation.
Our employees work and collaborate with some of the best national and international research agencies.
We offer you the opportunity of developing an exciting career. By encouraging originality and investing in professional development, we aim to create a positive environment that will contribute to the success of our people.
Lincoln Agritech often seeks professionals with backgrounds in:
- Resource Modelling
- Electronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Image Processing
- Environmental Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
Lincoln Agritech is committed to supporting and mentoring emerging researchers. We offer opportunities for talented postgraduate students; support doctorate or masters level students in the form of scholarships; and regularly host internship programmes.
Electromagnetic Sensing Team Leader
We seek a senior scientist to join our Sensing and Biotechnology Group, to lead our Electromagnetic Sensing team and provide scientific expertise. In this role you will lead projects, conduct quality research and development of scientific technologies for clients, and lead a small team of research scientists and technicians.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Leading a team, providing positive and supportive leadership.
- Initiating new ideas for research projects and actively seeking funding to support them.
- Contributing to science and business plans, and managing budgets.
- Actively building and maintaining informative and collaborative relationships with relevant research agencies, funders, public authorities, research organisations, and new stakeholders.
- Managing and monitoring the outcomes of research from the projects, evaluating outcomes against set objectives, setting standards and establishing timely control and reporting mechanisms for all research activities.
- Maintain good records of project activities, correspondence and expenditure, and complete all company administrative requirements accurately and on time.
- Providing public presentations / speeches at conferences and seminars; and publishing research findings in appropriate journals and industry publications.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in Electronics, Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Project management qualification, training or experience.
- At least 10 years’ proven and applicable scientific technologies experience.
- Experience leading a small internal team or project team.
- Experience reporting to and working with funders and clients; experience with NZ’s funding system e.g. MBIE, MPI would be advantageous.
- Experience in experimental design and execution.
- Proven track record in the execution of research, collaboration, publications and other technology transfer.
- Skilled in electromagnetic wave propagation theory and practice, or a related field.
- Experience in computational modelling using Matlab and high level languages such as C++ and Python using a style that results in well-documented and structured code.
- Has a general and practical understanding of measurement techniques, underpinned by a solid understanding of associated mathematical and statistical methods for modelling, analysis and measurement errors.
The full position description for this position is available here.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Now’ button and submit your current CV and cover letter.
Applications close 5pm, 13th August 2021.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, you can contact Kirsty Macdonald, HR Manager, on email@example.com or 0064 3 325 3746.